Since cancellations incur special administrative concerns such as bookkeeping, refunds, and especially arrangements and commitments with hotels and venues, it is necessary to provide members with appropriate information regarding conference and event registration cancellation(s).
If a registrant is unable to attend a conference or event for any reason, they may transfer their registration to another person. This must be, in writing, to the conference committee within 14 days of the start of the conference. This will be without penalty.
If a registrant is unable to attend due to a family death, sudden illness or other extraordinary circumstances, they must submit a written request along with medically certifiable documentation postmarked or emailed within one calendar week (7 days) of the first day of the conference. An administrative fee of $50 will be assessed to process the cancellation.
Voluntary cancellations must be submitted in writing. They will be processed and refunded via ACBP check, as follows. For example, if a person cancels at 6 months, they will be refunded 90% of their original total registration fee(s).
- Cancellations, within 180 days (>6 months) of conference, will be refunded at 90%.
- Cancellations, within 150 days (5 months) of conference, will be refunded at 80%.
- Cancellations, within 120 days (4 months) of conference, will be refunded at 70%.
- Cancellations, within 90 days (3 months) of conference, will be refunded at 60%.
- Cancellations, within 60 days (2 months) of conference, will be refunded at 50%.
- Cancellations, within 30 days (1 month) of conference, will be refunded at 40%.
Questions or requests can be addressed to email@example.com or via US mail at P.O. Box 17501, Tucson, AZ 85730.